Indian Educational Philosophers
Indian Educational Philosophers are always well known for their contribution in the field of education. They have contributed a lot in revolutionizing the Indian Education System. There are so many Indian Philosopher that contributed in the betterment of Indian Society, but only few handpicked will be seen here in this blog post. The Famous Indian Educational Philosophers are:
Swami Vivekananda on Indian Educational Philosophy
About his life:
- Born on 12th January 1863.
- Was Called Naren in his young Age.
- His Mentor Was Saint Ramakrishna.
- He believed in Spiritual Believes and eternal world.
- He passed away at the age of 39 on 4th July 1902.
Vivekananda Philosophy about Life and Education
- He was the real Messiah of Humanity.
- He believed in Vedas. The ultimate goal of Human beings is to reach the feet of the Creator of the Universe.
- He gave equal importance to all the religion. He preached Vedas but was also well aware about other religious text and mythologies.
- He helped the world to combine the sentiment of Spirituality and Modern Scientific World.
- He had a concept that all human beings are already perfect with the proper guidance from Educational World. He said ” Perfection is already inherent in man and education is the manifestation of the same.
- Education helps the person to improve their mind and not just the mere collection of facts and figures.
- He wanted the type of Education which formulates only mind but also which frame Strength in Character, Moral and Physical Development.
Books Published By Swami Vivekananda
Karma Yoga (1896).
Raja Yoga (1896).
Vedanta Philosophy: An address before the Graduate
Philosophical Society (first published 1896).
Lectures from Colombo to Almora (1897).
Vedanta philosophy: lectures on Jnana Yoga (1902).
Mahatma Gandhi on Indian Educational Philosophers
About His Life
- Was Born on 2 October 1869 at Porbandar.
- Died on 30 January 1948 in New Delhi.
- Parents were Karamchand Gandhi (father) and Putlibai Gandhi (mother).
- Spouse name was Kasturba Gandhi .
- Education he obtained formal education from Alfred High School (1887), UCL Faculty Of Laws, Samaldas Arts College, City, University of London.
Mahatma Gandhi Philosophy about Life and Education
- Believe in God, the almighty.Because he is Truth, Love and Ethics.
- He wanted students to do whatever they desire for in obtaining education.
- He emphasised Nai Talim.
- Basic Craft was given Emphasis.
- He wanted Children to Have All round Development of the self.
- He wanted Students to get education to serve for other and personal benefit.
- He believed that education can bring Unity in the world and brings the concept of Universal Brotherhood.
- He wanted to let student to fulfill their want by pursuing self development work or fund for their education by going through some sort of Handicraft working.
- He wanted student to be Naturalistic and Idealistic and also should be Pragmatic in methods.
Books Written by Mahatma Gandhi In Indian Educational Philosophy:
The Story of My Experiments with Truth.
Towards New Education.
Rabindranath Tagore on Indian Educational Philosophers
About His Life
- He was a great Poet, Novelist, Educator, Philosopher, Painter, Dramatist.
- Was born on 6th May 1861.
- His family members were fully educated.
- He Established Shantiniketan in 1901.
- He was Awarded with Noble Prize for Literature For his great book Gitanjali.
- He was conferred Knighthood in 1915.
- He established Viswabharathi in 1921 which is now an International University.
Rabindranath Tagore Philosophy about Life and Education
- Children should be given Freedom for liberal growth and Development.School are not factories, it should produce Educated children’s not machines.Freedom is the real means to liberate the child to develop all sphere of life.
- Children Should be given a type of education in which they are benefited in All round Development.
- The children should be taught how Culture and Traditions are transmitted from one generation to the other.They should be how to respect them and follow them in right manners.
- Childrens should be taught the way they respond to the nature. They should be mere naturalistic. They should learn everything from nature. And Nature is the master of all the subjects and Philosophy.
- Children should be able to express their Ideas and Moral principles according to their needs and want. They should not fear of anything at the time of self expression needs and necessity.
Books Written by Rabindranath Tagore In Indian Educational Philosophy:
Personality fruit and gathering.
Aurobindo Gosh on Indian Educational Philosophers
About His Life
- He was Born in Calcutta in 1872.
- He was the person who could read Dante’s And Goethe’s writing.
- He served as Professor of English.
Died on 5 December 1950, Puducherry.
Education was St Paul’s School, King’s College, Cambridge, Loreto Convent.
Aurobindo Gosh Philosophy about Life and Education
- Physical Education should be given key role in modern education system in India and else where in the world.
- Students should be encouraged to participate in music, art, drama, leadership activities, responsibility and learning by doing.
- Students should be more focussed to improve their mental strength.
- Physical and Spiritual Education should be given more importance.
- International feeling amongst the citizen should be encouraged.
Books written by Aurobindo Gosh:
The Life Divine.
The Essential Aurobindo: Writings of Sri Aurobindo.
Savitri: A Legend & A Symbol.
Synthesis of Yoga.
Gems from Sri Aurobindo.
The famous person that laid foundation stone in Indian Educational System are well respected by majority of people from all across the globe. They gain respect and honour from everywhere and these days their philosophy have been profound all over the world.