Kofi Annan was Born on 8th April 1938 and passed away on 18th August 2018 at the age of 80. He was the 7th Secretary-General of the United Nations. Kofi Anan
and his co-worker was the Noble Prize recipient in 2001. He was the founder and Chairperson of Kofi Annan Foundation.
He had given a very famous Quotes:
Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family. by Kofi Annan Read more at Check here
Kofi Annan Early life:
- Born in Ghana.
- Annan attended the elite Mfantsipim school From 1954 to 1957.
- Kofi Annan could speak fluent English, French, Kru and African languages.
- Kofi Annan first wife wasTiti Alakija, a Nigerian woman, in 1965. Again Annan fell in love with Nane Lagergren, a lawyer at the U.N and married her.
Kofi Annan Career:
- Kofi Annan started working as a budget officer for the World Health Organization. Under the United Nations.
- He worked as a manager in Ghana Tourist Development Company.
- Worked for the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR).
- After replacing Boutros-Ghali he became the Secretary-General.
Work Under Kofi Annan:
- He made a reform in the United Nations.
- He helped achieving Millennium Development Goals.
- Progressed in United Nations Information Technology Service (UNITeS)
- Added The United Nations Global Compact
- He made/established the fund centre known as The Global Fund
- It’s Annan hardship that the UN took the initiative of Responsibility to Protect.
- Strict actions were taken against sexual-harassment and investigation were made quick and reliable.
- He helped the UN to check the scandals of the Oil-for-Food scandal
Secrets About Kofi Annan’s life:
- Was a Workaholic.
- He Inspires others with his aw inspiring speeches.
- Born Very Creative.
- Innovated many new changes in under UN assembly.
- He was a very good decision maker.
- Commitment to the Work process.
- Ideal Teachers Training Academy, B.Ed
- Top 5 Wealthiest Nepali/Gorkhali.
- BPSC-1395 Post-Inspector, Officer-Recruitment-
- Basmati Rice Good For Diabetics?
- helicopter parents meaning
- what is stem education?
He had really worked hard in his lifetime. We should respect and honour his dedication to the world.
We must never forget his leadership qualities. Let us pray for him for the eternal world he is going to face ahead.